- GetSet4K Monthly Calendars - The Charlotte-Mecklenberg County Public Library (NC) provides a helpful month-by-month guide to school readiness.
- Reading is Fundamental Monthly Activity Calendars - These activity calendars provide engaging reading and writing activity suggestions to last an entire month. Also available in Spanish.
Websites to Explore
- H.I.P. Pocket Change - The United States Mint has a website just for kids! Here you can learn all about money and even create your own coin!
- Toy Theater - At the Toy Theater you can compose music, make art, play Tic Tac Toe, and explore the interactive playset.
Books to Read
- 10 Hungry Rabbits: counting & color concepts for the very young by Anita Lobel
- 123 Dream by Kim Krans
- 1 Big Salad by Juana Medina
- 1 Zany Zoo by Lori Degman; illustrated by Colin Jack
- 88 Instruments by Chris Barton; illustrated by Louis Thomas
- Apple Countdown by Joan Holub; illustrated by Jan Smith
- At the Supermarket by Anne Rockwell
- The Backwards Birthday Party by Tom Chapin and John Forster; llustrated by Chuck Groenink
- Bad Kitty, Scaredy-Cat by Nick Bruel
- Bear Counts by Karma Wilson; illustrated by Jane Chapman
- Bebe Goes Shopping by Susan Middleton Elya; illustrated by Steven Salerno
- Bee-Bim Bop! by Linda Sue Park; illustrated by Ho Baek Lee
- Billions of Bricks: a counting book about building by Kurt Cyrus
- Bunny Cakes by Rosemary Wells
- Busy Builders, Busy Week! by Jean Reidy; illustrated by Leo Timmers
- The Crayola® Counting Book by Mari Schuh
- The Crayons' Book of Numbers by Drew Daywalt; illustrated by Oliver Jeffers
- Dinosaur Dance! by Sandra Boynton
- Dog Defenders: Dolley the Fire Dog by National Geographic Kids
- Fire Engines No. 9 by Mike Austin
- Flora and the Chicks: a counting book by Molly Idle
- Found Dogs by Erica Sirotich
- Full of Fall by April Pulley Sayre
- Good Morning Yoga: a pose-by-pose wake up story by Mariam Gates; illustrated by Sarah Jane Hinder
- Go, Shapes, Go! by Denise Fleming
- A Greyhound, a Groundhog by Emily Jenkins; illustrated by Chris Appelhans
- Hickory Dickory Dock by Keith Baker
- Hot Rod Hamster: Monster Truck Mania! by Cynthia Lord; pictures by Derek Anderson
- I Don't Want to be Big by Dev Petty; illustrated by Mike Boldt
- It's Shoe Time! by Bryan Collier
- Lemonade in Winter: a book about two kids counting money by Emily Jenkins; illustrated by G. Brian Karas
- Let's Play! by Hervé Tullet
- Ling & Ting Share a Birthday by Grace Lin
- Llama Llama, Nighty-Night by Anna Dewdney
- Max's Bunny Business by Rosemary Wells
- Mighty, Mighty Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker & Tom Lichtenheld
- My Nose, Your Nose by Melanie Walsh
- No Two Alike by Keith Baker
- The Numberlys by William Joyce and Christina Ellis
- Numbers at the Park by Charles Ghigna; illustrated by Ag Jatkowska
- One Family by George Shannon; pictures by Blanca Gomez
- One Is a Piñata: A Book of Numbers by Roseanne Greenfield Thong; illustrated by John Parra
- One Leaf, Two Leaves, Count with Me! by John Micklos Jr.; illustrated by Clive McFarland
- One Witch by Laura Leuck; illustrated by S. D. Schindler
- Penguin and Pumpkin by Salina Yoon
- Pepper & Poe by Frann Preston-Gannon
- Please, Baby, Please by Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee; illustrated by Kadir Nelson
- Push! Dig! Scoop!: a construction counting rhyme by Rhonda Gowler Greene; illustrated by Daniel Kirk
- Shoe-la-la! by Karen Beaumont; illustrated by LeUyen Pham
- Shout! Shout it Out! by Denise Fleming
- Spunky Little Monkey by Bill Martin Jr. & Michael Sampson; illustrated by Brian Won
- Stack the Cats by Susie Ghahremani
- Stanley's Store by William Bee
- The Story Orchestra: Four Seasons in One Day illustrated by Jessica Courtney-Tickle
- Ten, Nine, Eight by Molly Bang
- Ten Orange Pumpkins: a counting book by Stephen Savage
- Ten Pigs: An Epic Bath Adventure by Derek Anderson
- Today is Monday by Eric Carle
- Tools Rule! by Aaron Meshon
- William's 100th Day of School by Lisa Bullard; illustrated by Mike Byrne
- Will Sheep Sleep? by Hilary Leung
- Zip! Zoom! On a Broom by Teri Sloat; illustrated by Rosalinde Bonnet
Read & Rhyme
Five little pumpkins, sitting on a gate.
The first one says, "Oh my it's getting late!"
The second one says, "There is frost in the air!"
The third one says, "We don't care!"
The fourth one says, "Let's run, run, run!"
The fifth one says, "Are you ready for some fun?"
Then whooooo went the wind and OUT went the lights,
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.
(from Abby the Librarian)